Ever wonder if there is a product out there that could make your life easier and help you run your business smoothly? Here is a list of various products that I have put together that other therapists say makes their life so much easier.
1. Taking notes?- The number one complaint I hear from therapists is taking notes. They forget or dread doing it. They don't like wasting paper and then transferring notes over to the client's charts is like pulling teeth. Well, there is a better way. Rocketbook! With rocketbook you can take notes in the notebook, take a photo of the note, upload it into the cloud and then erase and reuse the notebook. You will save time, money and protect the environment. Below are links to make a purchase. (Don't worry I found the cheapest place to make the purchase.)
Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook - Dot-Grid Eco-Friendly Notebook with 1 Pilot Frixion Pen & 1 Microfiber Cloth Included - Infinity Black Cover, Letter
Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook Mini - Dotted Grid Eco-Friendly Notebook with 1 Pilot Frixion Pen & 1 Microfiber Cloth Included - Infinity Black Cover, Mini Size (3.5" x 5.5")
Cover for Rocketbook Everlast Fusion - Executive Size, Waterproof Fabric, Multi Organizer with Pen Loop, Zipper Pocket, Business Card Holder, fits A5 Size Notebook, 9 x 6 inch, Gray
Erasable, Refillable & Retractable Gel Ink Pens-, Fine Point, Navy Blue Ink, 3-Pack (31468)
2. Planning and staying organized- For me personally staying organized is the best way to keep my stress level at ease. Having the right planner is the best way to make sure that happens. Here is a list of planners that therapists have found are most helpful.
Passion Planner- Dated Jan-Dec 2020, Goal Oriented Weekly Agenda and Reflection Journal, Small (A5-5.8 x 8.3 inches) Sunday Start Elite Black.
Erin Condren Designer Hardbound Life Planner- 8x10 - Undated Calendar & Weekly Planner, Organizer, and Agenda with Blank, Customizable Dates, Vertical Layout.
Therapist Planner 2020: Beautiful Floral | 12 Month and Weekly Daily Agenda Calendar Journal Notebook, 52 Week Monday To Sunday 8 AM To 9 PM Hourly ... Books (2020 Planner Weekly And Monthly)
Chaos Coordinator 2020 Appointment Book: Daily Planner With Hourly Schedule (15 Minutes Interval)
3. Learning Resources- All the time I hear therapists asking for Learning resources. It's great that so many therapists are so interested in continuing their mental health education. Here is a list of resources that I think are very helpful in the therapy world.
4. The right clock- For some people, a ticking clock may be a trigger, so it is no surprise that therapists look for a clock specifically that is silent. It is also important to have a small clock to hide it so that it isn't so obvious. Here is a list of perfect clocks for your office space.
Alarm Clock. Mensent 4 inch Round Silent Analog Alarm Clock Non-Ticking, with Night Light, Battery Powered Super Silent Alarm Clock, Simple Design Beside/Desk Alarm Clock
Driini Wooden Desk & Table Analog Clock Made of Genuine Pine (Dark) - Battery Operated with Precise Silent Sweep
Konigswerk Old Fashioned Desk Alarm Clock, Mantle Clocks Battery Operated for Living Room Kitchen Decor (Clock Tower)-https://amzn.to/2FdCIBK
5. The perfect chair- It is really important to have a good chair in your office. The most obvious reason is well, you might be sitting in it a lot! Some of the below recommendations are very pricey but well worth it. I have also included some more affordable chairs and some trending new chair options.
Fjords Leather Norwegian Ergonomic Scandinavian Lounge Reclining Chair 215 Large Muldal Recliner Furniture Nordic Line Genuine Sandel Light Brown Leather Espresso Wood-https://amzn.to/2tzdPho
Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair – Exercise Stability Yoga Ball Premium Ergonomic Chair for Home and Office Desk with Air Pump, Exercise Guide, and Satisfaction Guarantee-https://amzn.to/36wEgD9
Christopher Knight Home Tufted Club, Decorative Accent Chair with Studded Details-Dark Teal-https://amzn.to/39M17MW
I hope this list of essentials is helpful for you and your practice for many years to come!